Monday, December 3, 2012

RELEASING RESISTANCE

I was asked recently how I handle skeptics. Something that epitomizes my approach to people who are reluctant to believe it is possible to connect with those living as spirit comes from one of the Matrix movies. 

Morpheus is losing his followers in droves.  Their civilization is in tatters.  Everyone is panicking. They cannot see the path he is trying to lead them on.  One of them tries to open his eyes, to get him to wake up - "Morpheus, nobody sees it like you do.  They don't believe in you!"

Morpheus replies with calm conviction - "Fortunately my belief system does not require that they do."

A wise woman taught me something literally life changing.  She helped me recognize that I can accept any person's point of view on anything without agreeing with it.  So often we collapse the two concepts together.

Beliefs are simply points of view - the way I see life from my unique perspective.  I may not embrace each person's belief system but I can accept it as being valid from that person's individual point of view.  Oh what a relief that is! 

I cannot know what informs any one's experience other than my own. I know what I hear and see and sense.  I have personally experienced the healing power of communicating with those no longer in physical form.  The people I read for have told me the same has been true for them.  That's all I've got, but it's enough for me.

As for skeptics, I respect and bless them, as I do all my fellow travelers as we tread this path of happy destiny.  I'm not here to prove anything.  I am here to be of service for those who ask, 

I did read something funny on another psychic's blog in relation to skeptics she said "Don't test me by asking me to tell you your middle name!"

I laughed at that but also consider it wise advice.  Why waste time asking someone to tell you what you already know? 

No one HAS to consult with a psychic.  If you feel guided to enlist a psychic's aid my best advice is to come with an open mind and heart.  Releasing resistance can open up possibilities you may never have imagined.  What do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment